Before you get the family ready for trick-or-treating, remember these poison prevention safety tips:
– Children should not eat any treats until a parent has had time to inspect them.
– All candy needs to be inspected for small puncture holes and the candy should be in its original, unopened container.
– Feed children before taking them out to trick or treat so that they will be less likely to snack before the candy has been checked by an adult.
– Throw away any candy that is questionable.
– Use Halloween makeup that is non-toxic.
If you think someone may have ingested contaminated candy or anything toxic, call 1-800-222-1222 to speak to a poison specialist right away.